Reset or Change uNID PasswordIE BUMPER
Reset or Change uNID Password
Issue/Problem: A user needs their password changed or reset.
- User’s password has expired
- User has lost or forgotten their password
- User knows their password, but would like to change it (click here to skip to those instructions)
Affected Systems: All uNID systems
To RESET your password: (password has been lost, forgotten or expired)
- Visit this page to reset your password.
- Enter your uNID.
- Enter your birth date (MMDDYY).
- Click Continue.
- Verify your identity by answering security questions, click Continue.
- Review Password Guidelines, click Continue.
- Type and retype your new password, click Continue.
- Update your security questions (optional).
- Click Change Password to complete process.
You will receive an email notification that your password has been changed.
Note: If you are unable to reset your password by following the steps above, see below for who to contact.
- Campus Help Desk: 801-581-4000, option 1 (open 24/7)
- Registrar's Office: 801-581-8969 (M-F, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.)
- Knowledge Commons Service Desk, 2nd level of Marriott Library (walk-ins only; bring your University ID)
- Campus: 801-581-4000, option 1
- Hospital: 801-587-6000
To CHANGE your password:
Users can change their passwords at any time in Campus Information Services (CIS).
- Go to http://cis.utah.edu and log in with your UID and current password
- If you are an employee, select the Change your Password link in the Employee Profile section
- If you are a student, select the Change your Password link in the Update Student Profile section
- Follow the instructions on the next page to change your password
- It should take less than five minutes for a password reset to take effect.
- The Help Desk will reset a password to its original default. Users will have 24 hours to change it using the steps above or it will expire again.
- The UMail system will lock out a user after 3 incorrect password attempts. Users should call the Campus Help Desk to have their UMail unlocked.
If you still need help, contact the Campus Help Desk at 801-581-4000 opt 1. To make a suggestion for improving this article, please use the feedback section below.
Please provide a contact number or email address if requesting a response.